Monday, January 14, 2013

New Year's Resolutions: Celebrating Me in 2-0-1-3

So the slogan for this year is going to be "Celebrating Me in 2-0-1-3". I finally feel as though I can get some time to focus on myself now that we are settling into our place in town and getting into a rhythm. For this reason, I'm trying to focus on things for myself that I've been ignoring or leaving behind and I want to make sure I'm getting the most out of my life. In that vein, here are my:

Resolutions for 2013
  • Make more "me" time!
    • Journal once a week
    • Do art at least once a month -- doodling in between
    • Create something fun for self once a month
    • Make a new playlist once a month
  • Make a new (untested) recipe once a week
  • Read 60 books, and review 12 on this blog
  • Finish 23 Things once and for all (seriously)
  • Take a daily picture
    • I downloaded Instagram (finally gave in)
  • Gym once a week and get back into soccer
  • Write/send more letters
  • Take a monthly trip with the hubby - this includes taking day trips to the zoo, to museums, or what have you. Essentially this is to ensure we are doing cool things each month. I'm really hoping to get some more camping in our lives too, and I got him a sweet tent for his birthday to help this along.
  • Try a new restaurant with hubby once a month

--------------------------------------------------------------

Things to Accomplish This Year
  • Take pictures in a photo booth
  • White water rafting
  • Zip line
  • Go to California
    • Getty Museum and Villa
    • Touch the Pacific Ocean

















No comments:

Post a Comment