Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Getting busy -- the librarian way.

So, this is going to be a good but incredibly busy semester of classes for me. I'm on schedule to get my Master in Information and Library Science next May (woooot!), with a Graduate Academic Certificate in Youth Services. What does this mean? 

Well, when you come to visit me at the reference desk (because that's where I'll be working from now on, thank you very much, adding much to the busy-ness and possibly stress levels), I will be able to now officially give you and your little darling dears professional advice on what to read. But clearly, if you're reading this, you're taking (or at least patiently reading) my advice regardless, so professional advice doesn't really matter, does it?

Well, this semester is where you might notice a difference in my abilities to recommend books that you'll just love, and I'll tell you why: 

I'm taking 3 classes, and all of them are pretty much about finding out what readers like to read, and how to find it for you.  

First up on the menu is Literature for Youth (in which I will have to submit 20 book review posts about children's and teen literature, which the professor has happily agreed that I can post on here-- look out for the "SLIS 5420 Book Reviews" tag if you're interested). Next is Adult Reading Interests, which will force me to read outside my comfort zone, a book a week, with a book report on it. I think I'll also be posting these up here, because I'm reading it and writing it, so why not? Third up is Storytelling. Yes, storytelling. I'm not sure what that means for this blogger yet, but I'll tell you when I know. It may mean some YouTube videos of stories, but I'll keep you posted. Well... I'll be posting, but. Yeah, you know. 

So what else does this mean for the blog? I may be putting the CDP Project on hold for now, and the Poetry 101 spots, but it's all good. I'm betting on you liking the next few months of flurried blog post writings.

No comments:

Post a Comment